Since the last time that I wrote, Holland lost the World Cup, I visited a Dutch family, and took yet another exam.. Sunday after church, a couple of us went to watch the World Cup finals with a Dutch family (it was the family of a Dutch student that visited Messiah over J-term)! They were so hospitable and made us feel like home.. made us a wonderful home-cooked meal (lasagna and pasta!) and then we went to church with them.. interesting facts about churches in holland.. at least the one we went to.. they bring mints with them and there's a certain time during the service where they "discretely" eat them.. and for offering.. they buy fake coins from the church in advance and then give 2 coins every service.. it was quite the experience! the church we went to was a newly reformed protestant church.. very traditional.. we sang psalms out of a hymnal (everything was in dutch of course).. but it was neat! then we went to a couple's house who were friends with the Dutch student and his family to watch the game! It was very sad to see Holland lose.. the whole mood changed when Spain scored a goal.. everyone just got silent and it felt like depression had hit :/ but it was still fun to watch the game with them!

Yesterday we had our first exam in our Global Business Strategies class.. I think it went pretty well.. I am ready for classes to be done and to just enjoy the last little bit that's left of our trip! Our comparative economics class wraps up on Friday and Global Business Strategies a week from Thursday! Then we will have 1 week until I will be home. So strange! This trip is just flying by. For me, coming home is bittersweet. I love Europe but of course I miss those that I love back at home. Trying to enjoy the last bit of time that I have here!
No comments:
Post a Comment