Friday was a long day of traveling.. we were on the coach for 11 hours! It was very very long.. We drove from Geneva, Switzerland.. through France.. to Koblenz, Germany.. in Koblenz we stayed at a VERY nice hotel that sat on the Rhine River! I loved it there.. then Saturday morning we took a river cruise down the Rhine and then drove the rest of the way to Oisterwijk in Holland! We've had beautiful weather.. our cruise was lovely.. sitting on a boat soaking up the sun on the Rhine River.. doesn't get much better than that!
We are now in the Netherlands and I am absolutely in love with it! We are staying at a hotel that is reserved completely for IBI.. we each of our own rooms and bathroom and bicycle.. and the meals are really good! It's located in the country side.. a 5 minute walk one way takes you to a "beach".. AKA a lake.. and a 10 minute walk the other way takes you to a quaint little town.. i could definitely get used to this for 3 weeks! It's been very nice to actually unpack and relax. We laid out in the sun today and went for a walk into town. It's been so nice!
We also had our own IBI church service today here at the hotel and i really enjoyed it.. it was neat to have our classmates lead worship and professor speak.. i can just feel God moving so much! It's really cool. While we were worshiping today.. the lyrics to the songs were up on the screen with beautiful pictures of God's creation from all the places we've been.. its so surreal to me! God is so big and beautiful and I just praise him for letting me go on this trip to experience this. I feel so blessed. I think the Netherlands is going to be very refreshing for me.. kind of a place where I can really meet with God and fellowship with friends and of course study. The weather has been wonderful.. I finally feel like its summer!
Tomorrow we start International Trade and Finance.. and so far of what I know of the professor he seems really great! I'm excited for this class, even though no class would be better haha. But its good! I can't believe I only have a month left here. I think I'll be ready to leave when its over, but I am soaking up every moment I have while I'm here. I love it! Missing everyone from home though. Love you all and thanks for following my blog and for your prayers!
No comments:
Post a Comment